The college is home to more than 200 faculty and staff. According to the university’s 2016 Working at Iowa survey, 93% of College of Education employees surveyed said their work units focus on providing excellent service and the 92% said they would recommend the UI to a friend seeking employment.
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Accounting Code Manual (MFK)
- Cash Handling Policy
- General Ledger Decision Support
- Grant Accounting
Business meals and/or refreshments may be approved for reimbursement if the following conditions have been met:
there is a clear University purpose for incurring the expense that is documented in writing. If a meal is being requested, a description of why the University purpose could only be accommodated by meeting during the meal hour, and it should briefly summarize the goals and objectives of the meeting.
Entertainment, flowers and gifts may be approved for reimbursement if the following conditions have been met:
there is a clear University purpose for incurring the expense that is documented in writing.
Requests for payment or reimbursement require three approval signatures -- the person coordinating the event should sign, the DEO/Dept head, or designee, should approve the reimbursement, and the Dean or designee should approve the request before it is forwarded to Accounts Payable for processing. These approvals may be obtained through email.
Following are examples of University purposes:
- business events
- recognition events
- recruitment and retention events
- training events
- new employee orientation
- outreach events
- Financial Misconduct
- Ethics point web site
- The University of Iowa Financial Misconduct Reporting System
- Graduate Assistant Tuition and Fee Scholarship
The minimum tuition scholarship will be defined in relation to a full time load of nine (9) semester hours, and shall be prorated for a lesser number of credit hours enrolled.
- Graduate College: Graduate Assistantship Information
- Policies Pertaining to Graduate Appointments
- Employed Graduate Student Agreement and Benefit Information
- Payroll Department
- Academic Working Day Schedule
- Fringe Benefit Rates
- Payroll Calendar including cutoff dates
- Payroll Voucher Instructions
- Travel Department
- Travel Manual
- Travel FAQ's
- Accounts Payable
- Purchasing Department
- Food Policy (from Operations Manual)
If you have questions or suggestions that you would like to share, please email Emily Campbell.
Director, Finance and Budget Operations
N454 Lindquist Center
- Financial analysis
N459 Lindquist Center
- Financial management of grants for academic departments
- College expenditures review and verification