To deliver a personal, affordable, and top-ranked education for students who want to collaborate with renowned faculty to solve problems and effect change in the field of education in our community, our country, and around the world.
A world-class college of education: leading research, engaging our communities, and preparing education and mental health professionals for innovation and impact.
Collaboration and Engagement: We work with individuals, schools, and communities with respect, caring, and compassion.
Commitment to Community: We are committed to using evidence-based practices to improve the lives of individuals, the effectiveness of our schools, and the quality of life in our communities.
Continuous Improvement: We are committed to using data to continuously improve.
Diversity and Inclusion: We embrace the differences of others by fostering a welcoming community accessible to all.
Equity: We believe in the value of each person. Everyone deserves the opportunity to meet their full potential.
Excellence: We pursue world-class outcomes in all we do.
Innovation: We create and implement new practices, processes, and products that improve learning, performance, productivity, and efficiency.
Integrity: We approach our work with honesty and empathy and hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of professional behavior and ethics.
Strategic Objectives and Goals
Improve Student, Faculty, and Staff Success
- Improve instructional quality and support for instruction.
- Increase the number of students who graduate on-time.
- Increase enrollment, improve retention of undergraduate students, and improve the academic profile of graduate students.
- Increase the engagement and success of faculty, staff, students, alumni, and donors.
Advance Research and Discovery
- Increase the College’s research productivity, quality, and impact.
- Increase the College’s research funding and expenditures.
- Strengthen the College’s research in diversity, equity, and inclusion, including research that informs ways to disrupt structural inequities in education.
- Expand the College’s community-engaged research and grow the value of the College’s research to the communities it serves.
- Increase engagement with local, state, regional, and international schools and communities to support research collaborations and the use of research results.
Actively Engage Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-racism
- Improve the College’s climate for diversity, equity, and inclusion, and pursue anti-racist action in our College, community, and society.
- Increase the incorporation of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our teaching practices and curricula.
- Increase the success of minoritized students.