The BA/MAT program in Mathematics Education provides a seamless process whereby students can complete both a Bachelor of Arts degree and a Master of Arts in Teaching degree in just five years.
Through careful planning, many of the courses required for the MAT program can be taken during the undergraduate years, creating an opportunity to focus the fifth year of study on the comprehensive and student teaching requirements.
Your academic advisor will help guide you through the requirements for degree completion. For a complete list of requirements and courses, please visit the General Catalog.
Our Teacher Education Program provides diverse experiences with supportive mentors to effectively prepare you for your future classroom.
To learn more about classroom experiences and the Teacher Education program, please:
Admissions and Application
- University of Iowa undergraduate student enrolled in the TEP program and pursuing a B.A. in elementary education
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Two recommendations from University of Iowa faculty
- A career plan describing how this program will enhance the student's scholarly and or career goals
- An unofficial transcript of student's prior work
- Letter of application/statement of purpose
- One additional letter of recommendation from a faculty member in mathematics
- GRE and TOEFL (international student) scores