Read the latest news in our UI REACH newsletter!
When you join the UI REACH family, you join a supportive and fun community that grows with you beyond your time on campus.
EXTEND ensures that UI REACH alumni and families have lifelong opportunities to connect with each other through social gatherings that create ongoing relationships and a commitment to the University of Iowa.
Current and Past Events
- Summer and Winter ReConnects which have occurred in Chicago, Minneapolis, San Francisco and coming to Des Moines in 2019
- UI REACH Convocation and Dinner – reserve your space at the dinner by contacting Brian Campbell
- Tailgate Parties for every home Iowa Football game hosted by Liam and Mark Kirstein (alum and parent)
- Annual homecoming party hosted by Matthew Sanjter and Jon Teig (UI REACH alums)
- Local alumni group meeting events – Iowa City alum meet monthly for dinner
The EXTEND steering committee members consist of 9 current and alum parents that are focused on continued improvement of UI REACH through communication, social gatherings, education/advocacy and fundraising for events. Most of the classes (2012-2020) are represented on the committee, including parents of current UI REACH students!
We would love to have you involved with EXTEND. For more information on 2019 events please contact Brian Campbell, UI REACH Program Specialist and Alumni Liaison. You can also support/sponsor EXTEND events by designating a gift for the UI REACH ReConnect on our support page.
RAYS of REACH
RAYS of REACH strives to increase campus and community awareness about the UI REACH Program and disability mindfulness. We aim to create and enhance relationships between and among traditional University of Iowa students, UI REACH students, and alumni. Meetings focus on connections between students with similar interests. Over the past year, Rays of REACH raised over $8k for our scholarship fund through the Gold Rush campaign and participated in the 2018 Homecoming Parade. Plans for the coming year include partnering with a UI business fraternity for service projects, a burrito night and a carnival. Want to learn more about or become involved with Rays of REACH? Email Kevin MacBride for general and membership information.