The primary purpose of IMRF is to advance and extend knowledge in the field of educational measurement by providing financial assistance to The University of Iowa and its College of Education for promising research and educational projects.
In addition to the support for faculty research, the Foundation provides ongoing financial support for the following:
Two Named Professorships
- E. F. Lindquist Chair in Measurement and Testing
- Hieronymus-Feldt Professor of Educational Measurement
Graduate Research Assistantships: Educational Measurement and Statistics Program
The Foundation typically supports 10 assistantships each year.
Blommers Measurement Resources Library
The mission of the Paul Blommers Measurement Resources Library is to support University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff, primarily in the College of Education and Iowa Testing Programs, who have research and curriculum needs in the field of educational testing and measurement. The library fulfills its mission by:
- collecting and providing access to print and electronic materials related to educational measurement, evaluation, research, and statistical methods
- providing instruction on the use of the library resources
- preserving historical materials related to Iowa Testing Programs