The PhD program in Educational Measurement and Statistics provides training and hands-on experience with the cutting-edge quantitative methods techniques used in data science, applied statistics, educational measurement, and machine learning.
For a complete list of courses and requirements
Admissions and Application
Applicants typically are expected to meet the following admission criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited American College or University, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- Undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better on a four-point scale.
- Graduate GPA or 3.00 or better on a four-point scale.
- Preferred Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score of 300 or higher. Normally if the applicant's GRE composite score of verbal and quantitative tests is less than 300, the applicant will not be accepted. However, if there is offsetting evidence of superior ability, admission may be granted on a conditional basis.
- English Proficiency Requirements (international applicants)
- Training in college mathematics through differential and integral calculus or the equivalent.
- One year of professional experience in teaching, research, or related fields is highly desirable.
- Master's degree before being admitted to the Ph.D. program.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University’s institutional code is 6681)
- Official TOEFL scores may be required for some non-native speakers of English
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation*
* You will be asked to give the contact information of your recommenders, including their email, on your Admissions Profile. The recommender will then get an email with instructions on how to upload the recommendation letter and/or form.
Please review the required supplemental documents above before starting the general graduate application. To begin the application process, set up an account with an existing email address and password.