The PhD in Educational Leadership is designed to provide you with a strong background in leadership, policy, and research. The program prepares scholarly professionals who discover, integrate, and apply knowledge as transformational leaders.
As part of the Educational Leadership PhD program, you will work with renowned faculty members to complete at least 18 semester hours of research design, quantitative, and qualitative required methods. The program also culminates in an original research dissertation in an area of educational leadership.
For a complete list of courses and requirements
Admissions and Application
- January 2 (Fall semester)
- December 2 (Spring semester)
- A bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited American College or University, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions
- Undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better on a four-point scale
- NOTE: The GRE requirement has been suspended for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle. Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General test – verbal and quantitative.
- English Proficiency Requirements (international applicants)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- NOTE: The GRE requirement has been suspended for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle. Official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service (the University’s institutional code is 6681)
- Official TOEFL scores may be required for some non-native speakers of English
- Three to five pages (double-spaced) statement of purpose, addressing your educational philosophy, past leadership experience, and career aspirations with respect to K-12 leadership. Statements should include a portion detailing your potential research/dissertation interests and rationale, and should be connected to scholarship in the field.
- *Three letters from individuals who can speak to your promise as a leader or as a researcher/scholar
Please review the required supplemental documents above before starting the general graduate application. To begin the application process, set up an account with an existing email address and password