This 3-1/2 day workshop focuses on the theory and practice of equating as discussed in Kolen and Brennan’s Test Equating, scaling and linking: Methods and practices (3rd edition).
The next Equating Workshop has not been scheduled. Please email email@example.com to be placed on our notification list for future workshops and training opportunities.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is suitable for:
- Advanced graduate students in measurement
- Faculty who plan to teach equating
- Employees of state departments of education, testing companies, licensure and certification organizations
- Others who want a relatively in-depth training on equating
It is assumed that participants have intermediate knowledge of classical test theory and intermediate statistics. IRT knowledge is helpful, but not required.
What past participants are saying about the CASMA Equating Workshop
- The workshop provides a very comprehensive overview of the most common equating methods and practice of software with a good selection of details.
- This workshop was of exceptional value. The concepts, methods, and software are readily able to be applied in my work tasks. I went from a few vague notions to a relatively good understanding of concepts in just one week.
- The workshop was superb! It was an honor to be able to study under such an elite panel of experts. The organization, planning and execution of all aspects of the workshop were outstanding!
- The instructors were exceptional and very approachable. This is much appreciated with content that is so dense.
- Very useful as an overview of a variety of methods that I didn’t know about before. Also has made me aware of certain practical aspects that can apply to context other than my own organization.
- Extremely valuable, even with my extensive number of years’ experience conducting equating.
- This workshop has helped me grow as a psychometrician. The examples described really helped me understand the issues and mechanics in equating.
- I really enjoyed the combination of theoretical and applied concepts.
- Excellent workshop, provided wealth of information on critical issues for testing in education. Materials were extremely helpful in illustrating concepts.
CASMA Finance and Research Administrator