The MA in Multilingual Education allows students to design a program of study with a specific area of focus. The MA program provides in-depth preparation in theoretical and practical aspects of language learning and teaching.
Your academic advisor will help guide you through the requirements for degree completion.
For a complete list of requirements and courses
Admissions and Application
- January 5 (Fall semester)*
- October 1 (Spring semester)
*January 5 to be considered for departmental financial assistance. Applications accepted on a rolling basis after that date.
- A bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited American College or University, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions
- Undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better on a four-point scale
- English Proficiency Requirements (international applicants)
- Have prior teaching experience
- Be proficient in English and at least one other language
- Have completed 20 semester hours in undergraduate, upper division foreign language coursework
- Have experience living, working, and/or studying in the applicant's chosen target language culture (preferred)
All materials must be submitted in English.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Official TOEFL scores may be required for some non-native speakers of English
- A statement of purpose explaining graduate study goals
- Three letters of recommendation*
* You will be asked to give the contact information of your recommenders, including their email, on your Admissions Profile. The recommender will then get an email with instructions on how to upload the recommendation letter and/or form.
Please review the required supplemental documents above before starting the general graduate application. To begin the application process, set up an account with an existing email address and password