Financial aid is available for qualified applicants in the form of teaching and research assistantships. Our students frequently have teaching assistantships within the teacher education program and in related departments outside the College. Examples of recent appointments outside the College include Rhetoric, English, Afro-American World Studies, and Foreign Languages. Additional types of teaching assistantships include field supervision, student advising, and Iowa LINK. Research assistantships involve working closely with a faculty member on her or his research. There are also a variety of fellowships available, as described on the Web site of the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).

How to Apply
Submit an application for assistantship to the Department of Teaching and Learning in the spring to be considered for the following fall.  See the Department of Teaching and Learning Financial Support page under Financial Assistance for the application and for other financial assistance possibilities.

Assistance through the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA)
You may be eligible for financial aid if you are enrolled at least half-time (five semester hours during the academic year, or three semester hours during the summer session) as a graduate student in a program leading to a degree at The University of Iowa. For complete information and instructions, visit the OSFA's graduate student aid web page.